Friday, March 30, 2012

Impossible by Nigo Edition PX 70 Color Shade

I hope in the future to make more comments on why I think Impossible by Nigo Edition PX 70 Color Shade is one of the most interesting and brilliant branding solutions (and I rarely use the term "solutions" that way) that I have seen in a long time.  All I ask for you to do is look at it and study it a bit, because there are various levels of meaning and joy, that I see, and I want you to see them too.

And buy it! I do. PX 70 Color Shade works very nicely in my Jordan Marsh SX70 and I have posted photographs here that I like very much. Not to oversell, I think TIP is showing some results that a person new to instant photography might achieve, as those who have taken the time to look into this new material more closely (I was at the plant less than a year ago) have really started to learn how to make PX 70 Color Shade go!  Now, you go here and see for yourself!

The R in a circle is used to denote the registration 
of a trademark. Here it is used as a design element. The further irony is the photograph of a discontinued Polaroid product bearing the Giambarba rainbow.


Product branding, trademarks, and trade dress, are an interesting field that we artists and photographers can participate in. Lawyers can get in on it too. Photographers of the 21st Century will increasingly look back on these days as a transitional time, and with fondness.  Today we can be part of it.

2 comments:

MICHAEL said...

Perfect timing I was going to buy some PX70 this weekend, I will just add a few boxes of Nigo to the cart at checkout.

Anonymous said...

Of course the "act" of having differnt colors come out is also cool. Like PEZ

P H O T O G R A P H Y is F U N