Sunday, July 29, 2012

Not quite so Instagram

Early in the history of Polaroid film the company supplied albums, copiers and mailers, this one so a freshly-coated instant photograph could be conveniently stiffened and prepared for sending through the post office.

The other side has a place for the postage, and an address.  The adhesive is still a little sticky, even after decades. Not sure how old this one is.

Note the die-cut shape in the middle. Polaroid had a lot of steel rule and other dies to cut the many paper and plastic sheet materials used in the products.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

Bob Crowley said...

I have several blogs that I author. I'm not sure who you are, but I am so busy doing the work in the lab that I hardly have time to write. One epic blog is at http://microphonium.blogspot.com and has some 700+ posts on it, and has been widely cited.

What blog are you referring to?

Anonymous said...

That was a clever blog spam comment wasn't it?